This electricity awareness workshop, supported by Electricity North West, enhances Key Stage 2 science curriculum.
Pupils work in pairs with custom made circuit boards on a range of practical tasks related to the following objectives:
- Practical learning using custom made circuit boards
- An understanding of electrical symbols, circuit diagrams, complete and incomplete circuits
- Predicting and testing materials as conductors and insulators
- Investigating series and parallel circuits
- Investigating how we can alter the brightness of light bulbs in a circuit
- The safe handling of electrical components and circuits
- An understanding of the electricity distribution network and potential safety hazards.
Maximum 36 pupils for each session